Archives

Forex Trading - Getting Rich Trading Forex

Monday, March 26, 2007

If you've read much of what I've written, you know that I solidly refute the idea that you can start trading with a couple thousand dollars and turn it into a million in 18 months or some other short amount of time.

That's true, and I stand by it.

However, you can get rich trading forex. There are two ways that I know of. Both require serious work, but I'm going to lay it down for you.

First, you could start your own hedge fund. There are companies that will help you set up your own hedge fund. With a hedge fund, you make money based off of how much you made for your clients.

Just for the sake of illustration, let's say that you have $20 million under management (a rather small amount). Let's say that you earned a 10% return that year on the $20 million. Your take is 20% of the profits (remember you don't take anything unless you make profits). You would make $400,000. How's that for an annual salary? Not bad.

And all the numbers I gave you above are conservative.

So how do you become a hedge fund manager? You need a track record. I'm not talking about a 2 year track record. You need at least 5 years of profitable trading under your belt.

The other thing you really need to consider if you're thinking about this at all is volatility. Nothing gives a high net worth individual ulcers quicker than an account balance of several million that is moving rapidly up and down. So steady gains are what they want.

Work on achieving consistency in your trading. Slow things down. After you have a number of profitable years of this kind of trading, have your trading record audited by some professional financial firm.

Congrats, you are now ready to start finding clients.

(As I said about, there are two ways to get rich with forex. The second way will be in part two...)

Do you want to learn more about how I trade? I have just completed my brand new guide, "Forex Trading - What Finally Worked For Me".

0 comments: